Driving under the hot sun can sometimes be irritating. This is because of the glare and the heat that goes directly on our face and our skin. But as technology is evolving, there are different window films that we can choose from to make sure that we are driving safely without the sun’s hit ruining our day. But what is window film, and how is it used? A window film is a plastic layer that we can install on our windows. Its main job is to filter the amount of light passing through and entering our car.
How can we use a window film
The great thing about a window film is that it is versatile. This can be attached to your car windows, home windows, and other areas where you want to keep your privacy and filter the amount of light coming in.
Benefits of a window film
At home, we install a lot of curtains on our windows to keep our privacy. Also, curtains can filter the amount of sunlight that comes in. A window film can also do these things, but it has more benefits than filtering the light and keeping your privacy.
Here are the benefits that you will get when you install a window film at home or in your car.
1. Privacy. The window film filters the light and bounces it back to the direction where the light beam is coming. As a result, you will see your reflection if you are looking from the other side of the window. You will not be able to see what is behind the window because of the reflectors a window film has. This will make sure that the inside of your house cannot be seen from the outside, even if you don’t have any curtains.
2. Security. There are window films that are for your security. What is window film security? It is a thick window film that prevents a broken window’s glass from directly spreading on the floor.
3. Energy saving. There are window films that have a cooling and heating feature. It is to regulate the amount of heat and cold temperature passing through the window. Also, with the use of a window film, you can make use of the natural light from the sun without switching on your light bulb.
4. Keeps eyes and skin healthy. Too much exposure to the sun may cause skin cancer and eye problems. But having a window film filtering the sun’s light can help prevent all these problems. It serves as a UV-Protection to save you from the harmful effects of the sun.
5. Gives you a better view outside your window. The point of having a window is for us to get a better view of the outside. Having a window film can help us enjoy the view by filtering all the glare from the sun.
Different types of window films
Purchasing a window film can be tricky. And this is because there are different types for you to choose from the market. Every person has their preference of what window film they want. Here are the choices that you may want to consider.
- Decorative. The decorative window is as useful as any other window film, but it comes with style. You have the option to block the light or have different designs that filter the light evenly in the room.
- UV-Protection. There are UV-Protection for some window films. It is a perfect film for a car window since you are mostly driving under the sun.
- Glare Reduction. The Glare Reduction is a perfect window film for a car window and house window. This will keep you comfortable when looking outside the window without the disturbance of the glare coming from a shiny object.
- Insulating. What is window film that insulates? It is a film that adapts to the environmental temperature. It regulates the amount of heat when the weather is too hot. And it also controls the amount of coldness when the weather is too cold.
- Privacy Films. Privacy films are ideal for residential and business purposes. There are different types of privacy films, but the popular one is the light blocker, where you can’t see the inside of the building.
- Safety and Security. The thickest window film is the safety and security type. It starts with a 4 mm thickness, which is good to prevent the broken glass from falling apart. There’s also an 8mm to 15mm width for extra protection, but it requires professional installation.
- Anti-Graffiti. The anti-graffiti window film prevents thrown objects like debris, rocks, and other sharp objects from breaking and scratching your window.
- One-way Mirror. The one-way mirror is similar to the privacy window films. Instead of using a printed image on the film, it is a mirror finish where you can see the outside if you are behind the window and the other side see their reflection.
- Dyed Films. What is window film that is dyed? The dyed window film is the first type of window that most cars are using for the first time. It has solar blocking features and comes in different colors.
What is 3m Window Film
3m is a brand famous for its adhesives. And this company has different kinds of window films to suit all types of windows. They have commercial, residential, and automobile window films.
What is Low-E Window Film
The Low-E window film is also known as a low emissivity film. It is a thin polyester window film with a small and micro-transparent metal coating.
What is Gila Window Film Application Solution
Window films need to have a smooth application process. And this requires you to clean the window so that there will be no air bubbles as you apply the film. The Gila Window Film Application Solution is what you can use to spray on the window before installing the window film. It holds the window film without worrying about dust and air stuck inside. Know more about Window Films.
What is window film? It is a film that protects your privacy by covering your windows. It is essential to have on every window of your house and your car so that you will not have to worry about privacy invasion. Also, you will get a lot of benefits by using it. With different types to choose from, you will surely enjoy the view outdoors without the glare, heat, and harmful effects of the sunlight hitting your eyes and skin.