Technology is a great help when it comes to our security and safety at home. And when it comes to a weather emergency, there are different alert systems that we can install on our home so that we will be aware that something is happening. Flood is a common thing that we experience during heavy rainfall. And having a motion sensor floodlight can help us make a move before it’s too late. How to set motion sensor flood lights is a process that a professional can handle. But it can also be done in a DIY way. As long as you have the right tools and knowledge of how motion sensors work, you are good to go.
What is a Motion Sensor Light?
A motion sensor light is an emergency light that lights up when it detects a movement within its range. And this can be a movement from the wind, animal, rainwater, or a person. The motion sensor light is also a useful security system add-on to your home, especially during the night. There are a lot of homeowners who include this light as part of their outdoor lighting system. The benefits that you can get from a motion sensor light is excellent because you will be alerted if something is going on outside your home.
How to Set Security Light Sensors
You have two options on how to set motion sensor flood lights. You can do it on your own, or have a professional do it for you. But if you choose to do it on your own, here are the things that you need to do:
- Switch off the power source of the light – Ensure that the power source of the motion sensor light is off so there will be no harm done during the adjustment period.
- Inspect – Inspection is part of how to set motion sensor flood lights. Since these lights are based outdoors, exposure to different weather conditions may affect the sensitivity of the light sensor.
- Test – After the inspection, you can switch on the power source, and test the sensitivity of the light to see if it is still working. Have someone walk within the light’s detection range so that you know the sensitivity level of the light.
- Sensor adjustments – How to set flood light sensors can be tricky. You have to make the necessary adjustments so that you will no longer have to worry about any false lighting in the future. You can set the sensitivity levels to low, medium, and high so that the light can detect all kinds of motion using this setup.
- Walk-through – After making the adjustments, testing it by having someone walk through where the sensor is aiming can help you identify if the sensitivity is improving.
- Rotate – It is advisable to pan and rotate the sensors in different directions. This will help the sensitivity adapt to where you want it to aim.
- Retest – Testing the light again after adjusting and rotating can help improve the sensitivity of the motion sensor. If it doesn’t work, you can always repeat the steps until you achieve the way you want your motion sensor light to work. There are a lot of trials and errors on how to set motion sensor flood lights. Sometimes the sensitivity is too low or too high, and this can cause a lot of false lighting if not correctly set.
Benefits Of A Motion Sensor Floodlight
Many people are not aware of the benefits that they can get if they have a motion sensor floodlight installed in their homes. A floodlight is not just an ordinary outdoor light that you can install outside your home. But it can give you more than what you asked for from a regular motion sensor light. Here are the benefits that you can get from a motion sensor floodlight:
- Hands-free operation – When it comes to going in and out of your house, you no longer have to ask someone to switch the lights on for you. The lights will switch on by its own once it detects movement.
- Energy and cost saver – Most of the motion sensor lights are either battery operated or solar-powered. Since it goes on and off on its own, there will be less energy consumption. It will also mean that you will be saving a lot on your electricity bill since you will no longer have to switch the lights on all night long.
- Improved home security and safety – During the night, it is hard for you to see clearly. That is why having a motion sensor light set up on your driveway or walkway can help you identify whoever is passing through. Also, it allows you to see clearly how stable the weather condition is outside.
Motion sensor lights and other security systems are great to have in our home. It adds security and protection all over our home. This is to make sure that this motion sensor floodlight can help you in times in need. Whether it is you are experiencing a heavy storm or someone is trying to break in your home, you will have this light to help you see things. Learning how to set motion sensor flood lights can be tricky, but you will get the hang of it once you consistently monitor how well the sensitivity works. Making monthly adjustments can help maintain the sensitivity of the motion sensor. Just be sure that you make the right adjustments so that it will still function the way it should be without having any false lighting. And this will prolong the quality of light and security that you will have for your home. Know more about Motion Sensor Flood Lights.