In recent years, the improvement of technology has been on the rise. The invention of smart plugs made it much easier to control the power connection of different kinds of appliances and devices we use. Of course, with the use of smart plugs, you should know how to reset smart plugs.
Having smart plugs is an easy and affordable way to enhance ordinary appliances, house lightings, and any other devices. One good thing about smart plugs is it lets you control everything at the palm of your hands. However, when adding a new smart plug to any hub, you may run into some issues.
In this article, we’ll talk about how to reset smart plugs and how they can be advantageous for factory resets.
What Is a Smart Plug?
Smart plugs work like an outlet. Using smart plugs is quite simple. You plug that smart plugs onto an outlet, then plug something onto the smart plug. A smart plug looks like an out too. By plugging your appliance or lighting onto a smart plug, then they are connected to a home assistant such as Google Assistant or from the smart plug’s pre-installed app.
From there on, the smart plugs turn on the power supply wherein your item was plugged on, on or off. Some have built-in commands from a smart home hub or an app connected to your WiFi network. They sit in between the outlet and the electronic device you’re plugging in.
Smart plugs come in different types of shapes, features, connectivity, and specifications. For smart plugs to work, you should have an internet connection or WiFi. If you want to make it work, you should know how to reset smart plugs safely and carefully.
What Are Smart Plugs For?
Smart plugs have tons of uses. If you want to learn how to reset smart plugs, you better know first how it works and its purpose. Here are some of its uses to get your imagination rolling.
- Smart plugs work like a remote, and you can instantly turn on and off your coffee pot while still in bed. This is especially helpful for lazy people who don’t want to get out of their beds during the early parts of the day.
- Smart plugs let you control your air conditioning unit without needing to stand up and turn it on and off. Especially if you are cooking or doing something, they are useful in the sense that you don’t have to carry yourself, particularly when your air conditioning unit is placed at the top.
- Smart plugs let you turn on and off your house lights to deter would-be criminals. This is great stuff, especially when you’re already in the car and is ready to get out of the garage, a single push of a button could save you minutes or even seconds. These will make our lives a whole lot easier.
- Smart plugs let you take control of flat iron or any appliances. This is particularly good if you forgot to turn them off. It saves you the hassle of coming back again to turn it off. A single push of a button always does wonder about this product.
- Smart plugs let you use voice command. Voice commands are great when you have electronic devices that work well with voices. It’s easier and more forgiving for people who tend to be lazy and stubborn.
- As we’ve said earlier, smart plugs let you turn on and off any appliances. These are especially good for kids playing through their consoles or watching their favorite cartoons when playtime is over, and nap time is about to start. You can easily turn it off without much hassle. Smart plugs help manages time for children overusing gadgets. You can also do the factory reset on smart plugs when needed.
The Things to Consider When Buying a Smart Plug
If you have already read countless advantages of having a smart plug, you may get enticed and splurge money from the moment you’ve read this article. However, before buying, it is essential to know what you should consider before buying one. These include:
Voice Assistant Compatibility
Always remember that smart plugs are made differently with one another. Especially if you are using Alexa app, some smart plugs don’t work well with Alexa. Some smart plugs use Google app, same with Alexa App. They may not work properly too.
But voice command is the general part wherein almost all smart plugs use, make sure that your smart plug uses voice command option to avoid any compatibility issues.
One good use of having smart plugs is they can monitor the energy a certain appliance is using. These are particularly useful if you are tight on budget and want to limit their electricity bill. Smart plugs with energy monitoring features help you monitor which appliances use too much energy; this, in turn, will let you know that it might be the right time to shut them off.
Most smart plugs offer only one outlet. The more plugs it can offer, the more appliances you can plug, the more, the merrier.
How to Reset Smart Plugs
How to reset smart plugs often comes when you want to incorporate new appliances to your smart plug. Resetting smart plugs is quite understandable and easy. Although smart plugs have different instructions on reset, these are some of the basic steps to reset smart plugs:
Step 1. Unplug the device for 10 seconds.
Step 2. Press the button firmly on the plug, while holding the button firmly, plugs the smart plug onto the outlet.
Step 3. When the smart plug is already plugged in the outlet, release the button.
Step 4. A light should flicker once the button was released.
Step 5. And you’re done!
Knowing how to reset smart plugs is pretty easy and simple, even your kids can do it. More so, smart plugs offer tons of uses. It helps do things without much hassle. Also, they make our life a whole lot easier when it comes to household chores.
In just a single push of a button, you can easily turn on or off certain devices at appliances. These innovations are truly life-savers! Also, in recent years, the price of smart plugs has gone down, making them a cheap and effective tool to have in your home! Know more about Smart Plugs.