How To Reset A Keyless Entry Door Lock With Ease
Keyless entry door locks have become the new trend in keeping homes safe and secure. With these, you do not need to use keys to open your door. You only need codes. However, if you are forgetful, that is going to be a problem. Good thing, you can reset your keyless door lock. So how to reset a keyless entry door lock? Read on the article and learn the many benefits of these inventions and the tips on how to avoid ever having to reset your locks.
What Are Keyless Door Locks?
Keyless door locks are an innovation that allows you to not worry about leaving or losing keys anymore. The designs of these locks are to be unlocked using keycodes or even your fingerprints. They offer convenience and security at the same time. They come in various designs, whether they are in keypad form or scanner form.
The Benefits of using Keyless Door Lock
Before we answer the question: “How to reset a keyless entry door lock?” Let us first look at the many benefits of using keyless door locks for your home.
As mentioned, you do not need any physical key to open your doors. All you need is a passcode or mobile apps. You can also send your code to anyone you know.
Keyless entry door locks will not wear down over time. It does not rust. Lesser friction, means lesser damage, making it last longer.
These lock systems have a mechanism that is activated through sensors and computer algorithms, meaning it is not easy to hack and can protect your homes from thieves.
Honestly, having a keyless entry door lock can give you more control over who gets in and out of your house. Not only that, but it also offers more security to your home and property.
How to Reset the Keyless Door Lock
There are various ways to reset your keyless door locks, but the most important one is to find your user guide or user manual. The fact that there are various kinds of styles of keyless door locks there are multiple ways on how to reset them too. Here are few of the steps you need to take on how to reset a keyless entry door lock:
- Remove the lock carefully from your door as directed from the user guide. With a screwdriver, unscrew the four screws that hold the faceplate of your lock.
- Turn the keypad faceplate, so it faces downward. Set it carefully aside and look at every hole in the door lock. There should be blue or red holes or tumblers inside. The red ones coincide with your current keycode.
- Use your tweezers and insert them into each red tumbler.
- Then gently and carefully pull out the metal chips and put them on a table.
- Decide on a new code combination. Once you have it, remove the blue microchips from their respective holes.
- Replace the blue-chip with a red one as you pull them out.
- Refill any empty hole with the blue chips.
- Then check the tumblers contain the red chips of your new code combination.
- Replace the back cover of your lock and screw it.
- Press the clear button or the “C” button. Enter your new code combination based on the red chips. The door lock will unlock, and you can finally enter your home.
Avoid These Situations
It is very complicated how to reset a keyless entry door lock, so as much as possible, be careful in using keyless door locks. You might set off your burglar alarm system, and you do not want that. Here are some situations that can help you avoid experiencing this:
- Immediately change the default code of your keyless door lock after installing it.
- Always use codes that start with a number between two to nine. Using number one is very common.
- Avoid using the codes of your credit card or your bank PIN with your lock. As they all say, do not put all your eggs in one basket.
- Use numbers that are not adjacent to each other to make it harder to guess.
- Never use patterns—they are predictable.
- Also, never use your details like birthdays, anniversaries, or your mobile numbers.
- Last tip: help yourself remember your passcode by using letters and then translate them to numbers.
Just remember, there are many ways on how to reset a keyless door lock. It is always important to keep your user guide with you. As much as possible, choose a very strong key code.
Now you know how to reset a keyless entry door lock! All that is left is to apply the things you have learned whenever you forget your key code. Remember that you can reset keyless entry door locks and that it has multiple benefits for you and your family, particularly when it comes to security and safety. Make sure you familiarize yourself with the things you should avoid as well. That way, you do not have to resort to this complicated process.
July 16, 2020
If you are considering having a biometric lock on your front door, you have a long list of different brands and types of door locks that you can choose.
July 15, 2020
Outdoor dummy cameras are a surefire way to deter possible property intruders at a much lower price than that of a normal surveillance system.
July 13, 2020
With the advent of technology, there are tons of security measures that allow a sense of safety and protection in one’s day-to-day living.