A door stopper can help prevent your door from damage. You cannot just use it on your door, and you can also use it on your cabinet, drawer, and so. If you already have a door stopper at your home, when was the last time you replaced it? You can learn how to replace door stoppers with the easiest steps.
Benefits of Having a Door Stopper
Of course, before you learn how to replace door stoppers, you just need to know the benefits of having a door stopper. Most people didn’t know the importance and the benefits of having a door stopper in their house. They are doubtful if what they will get from it or will they get something from it. To make it easier to understand, here’s a list of the benefits of having a door stepper.
One of the benefits of having a door stopper is that it is very convenient. It is better to purchase a door stopper that is made by the door hardware manufacturers.
The good thing about a door stopper is it can help reduce the number of accidents that can happen around your house or surroundings. I know that you tend to open your door without hands. And there is a chance that you might fall the items that you are holding while opening the door and might causes accidents. When you have a door stopper, it will help you prevent such accidents.
Protect Your Door
Surprisingly, a door stopper can protect your door from damage. Notice your door has detents or scratches and cracked paint at the bottom when you don’t have a don’t stopper. When you have a door stopper, you don’t have to paint or change your door regularly. On the other hand, you will need to learn how to replace door stoppers to change it regularly. That is why it is important to look for the best door stopper manufacturers.
Easy Steps on How to Replace Door Stoppers
Learning how to replace door stoppers can be done within less than five minutes. You must remember that when you are replacing a magnetic door stopper, you have to remove the original door stopper and install a new one. Follow the simple and easy steps to replace a door stopper.
Remove the Old Door Stopper
You have to remove the two parts of the magnetic door stopper to make way for the replacement door stopper. It is important to use either the same door stopper as the previous door stopper to make the replacement procedure easier.
- Place the screws at the bottom edge part of the door.
- Use a screwdriver to release the screws until they come off.
- Remove the catch assembly entirely and put them aside.
- Work on the magnetic door stop placed on the wall trim.
- Detach the screws.
- Remove the device and set it aside.
Remember to make sure not to make a larger screw hole to avoid problems.
Install the New Door Stopper
If you install the same type of door stopper, the installation procedure will become easy and simple. It will only require mounting both the new catch assembly and the door stopper on the available slots by tightening the screws provided. In replacing a door stopper, the first thing you have to do is work on the catch assembly.
- Disconnect the mounting plate from the catch assembly using a screwdriver.
- Put the mounting plate in the right positions, and you have to put a mark on where the screws will be inserted.
- Drill the holes and then screw the mounting plate onto the door.
- Assemble the parts of the catch assembly based on the manufacturer’s user manual.
- Next, press it against the plate in a clockwise motion until both are connected.
After you worked on the catch assembly, you can now work on the door stopper.
- First, remove the mounting plate.
- Place the mounting plate on the wall trim.
- Identify where the screws will be inserted, and then drill the holes into them. Check if the door stopper comes with a base plate screw.
- Check the product description to know where it will be inserted. It is a screw that you will use to connect the body of the door stopper to the plate to be mounted on the trim.
- Position the plate onto the wall trim.
- Insert the mounting screws and begin tightening them. You will notice the base plate screw threads will face away from the plate.
- Insert the body of the door stopper into that screw and twist it clockwise to tighten.
Once everything in the installation is complete, check the door stopper for any loose screws.
Now, you have learned how to replace door stoppers with the easiest steps you can find. You don’t need to hire a professional to do it for you, saving you tons of money. You also learned that a door stopper has many benefits, not just for you and your family but also for your door. Know more about Door Alarms.