It is essential to know how to open a locked door just if you are locked out of your room or home. You can open a locked door in many ways, and one of the most popular is to use a screwdriver. A screwdriver is one of the most convenient accessible tools to use. In this article, you will learn how to open a locked door with a screwdriver, which is simple and easy.
How to Open a Locked Door with a Screwdriver
A screwdriver is one great tool to use when you want to open your locked door. It is typically used in various items around your house. The flat-head screwdrivers work best on interior doors, and privacy handles because the flat end can easily fit into the keyhole or door jamb.
If you are using a door with a button lock, the screwdriver is perfect for getting the job done. However, it is better to use a very thin screwdriver to fit the hold from the outside. The following are the simple and easy steps to unlock your door with a screwdriver successfully.
- First, with your screwdriver, carefully push the button on the door handle and turn.
- In case you are locked out from the outside, seek out a small hole in your doorknob and turn it until it catches into the groove and pops open the door.
See? I told you! Learning how to open a locked door with a screwdriver is pretty simple. Everyone can do this, as long as you have a screwdriver with you.
Other Easy Ways on How to Open a Locked Door
Aside from a screwdriver, there are also other ways to unlock your door. These are the other ways to unlock your door. They are also helpful just in case you don’t have a screwdriver. It is also a great option and solution when you don’t know how to open a locked door with a screwdriver. The following are the easy ways to open your locked door.
If you don’t know how to open a locked door with a screwdriver, this one might help you. You probably have no idea that a butter knife can also be used to unlock your door. You might think that the only purpose is for your jam and butter atop of your favorite bread only. Your butter knife is a very useful and handy tool. You don’t need a sharp knife. A blunt knife is the best one to use. But, always remember to maintain home safety.
All you need is a butter knife and a lock that needs to be opened. If your lock has a deadbolt, the butter knife won’t work. Here are the easy and simple steps to unlock your door:
- First, you have to determine the type of lock that you are trying to unlock. With the spring-loaded system, the latch bounces out of the latch pocket. Therefore, you can unlock the lock when you use your butter knife to push back the latch so you can open it.
- Put the knife into the keyhole. When the lock is a pin-tumbler lock, you will need to stick the blade into the lock as far as possible.
- Using your one hand, apply enough pressure to the doorknob, and move it to the left and right while wiggling the knife around the keyhole.
- Once you hear a clicking noise, it means that the knife has given in a bit. After that, place the knife in between the door jamb and the striker plate. Slide the knife around until you can push the latch in.
If you have pets in your house, it is essential to know how often to use robot vacuums. If you have pets in your house, you need to have a robot vacuum cleaner. Your pets tend to shed and drop fleas that can cause allergies and so. No matter what type of carpet or floors you have, you still must vacuum it daily. If you cannot vacuum it daily, you can focus on your rooms and furniture instead.
You no longer need to worry whenever you forgot your keys to your home. Now, you know how to open a locked door with a screwdriver and other tools. This makes the screwdriver one of the most convenient tools that you can have in your home. In case you do not have a screwdriver, you still have an option to use a butter knife or a card. Here’s how to learn more about Door Locks.