Babies are fragile little beings that must be taken care of properly. Leaving them alone is not an option because of their vulnerability. And even if you leave them with a nanny or a baby sitter, you still want to keep an eye on them. There are many baby monitors in the market that you can choose to install in the house. And because of this, you can easily monitor how your baby is when you are away. How to mount baby monitor is easy as long as you have the right parts. Having a baby monitor while your child is still small is a must-have. And this is to make sure that they are ok even if you are not there to watch over them all day.
What are the Types of Baby Monitors?
An audio baby monitor allows you to hear what’s going on in the room your baby is. It serves as radio that continuously transmits signals to the receiver, as long as it is within the frequency range. There are audio baby monitors that are in a stuffed toy or a stand-alone device. What’s great about the one in the stuffed toy is it can disguise as an ordinary toy, and no one will notice that it is a baby monitor. As for the stand-alone device, you can place it beside the crib so that you can easily make the necessary adjustments.
Video with Audio
A baby monitor with a video and audio feature is one of the go-to baby monitors you can have. You can see and hear everything that is happening in the room where your baby is. This kind of baby monitor can also be in a stuffed toy, while others are similar to a surveillance camera. There are some baby monitors with this feature that allows you to view the footage in your phone.
Both baby monitors are useful because it has the same purpose; to monitor your baby when you are not in the room. Leaving our little ones with a baby sitter or a nanny can still make us feel uneasy, but having one of the baby monitors can give us peace of mind when we leave our child to them.
How to Mount a Baby Monitor
If you want to learn how to mount baby monitor without making it visible is easy. All you need is a bit of creativity and hiding techniques so that the baby monitor will not be visible. Here are the steps that you can do to mount a baby monitor.
- Know what kind of baby monitor you have. The placement of the baby monitor will depend on what type you have. This is because of how well it picks up the sound and how well it takes a video.
- Location and angle. Where to install baby monitor will depend on the angle where you want your baby monitor to sit. If you have a camera with an audio kind of baby monitor, you might want to mount it on the top corner of the room. This will get full coverage of the room without missing an angel. On the other hand, if you have the audio baby monitor, it is advisable to place it three feet away from the crib. This is enough to pick up the sound of a baby’s cry and the entire room.
- Find a disguise. If your baby monitor is a stand-alone device, you can always find ways to be creative and hide it somewhere. You can place it on the shelf, between stuffed toys, or on the curtain rack.
- Be mindful of its power source and check the wiring. If your baby monitor’s power source is from an outlet, make sure that the wiring is not visible and hard to reach by your baby. How to mount baby monitor that comes with a cord will also depend on the length of the wire. Hiding it behind the curtain or taping it to the wall is your best option so that your baby can’t play with it and hard for anyone to find.
How to choose a baby monitor
Since there are different types of baby monitors you can choose from, here are some things you need to consider before purchasing one:
- Power source. There are baby monitors that come with a battery for its power source. And some come with a cord where you can plug in the outlet. Choose the one that you think is easy for you to install.
- Portable receivers. You want a baby monitor that allows you to go around the house. Some receivers will enable you to connect to multiple devices so that you can still do the house chores. Also, there are baby monitors that can connect to your phone with the use of a mobile application.
- Sound and video quality. The important thing that you also need to look at when it comes to choosing a baby monitor is the quality of the camera and audio. After all, the point of having a baby monitor is for you to see and hear things.
- Light-up sound indication
. he frequency of the sound is shown by how the light moves on your receiver. And this is to show how loud or soft the cry of your baby.
- Sound activation. To save energy, you can also look for the sound activation feature on the baby monitor. It only sends signals to your receiver if it detects sounds.
Baby monitors are good to have if your baby is sleeping in a different room or when you are not at home, and you hired a nanny to watch over them. Installing the baby monitor all around the house will make you feel at ease when you are not there physically to watch over your baby. That is why learning how to mount baby monitor can help make your worries go away. Find out more about Baby Monitors.