A motion sensor alarm is a device that detects movement. The sensor alarm sent out a signal. It emits light, and if something blocks the light, the sensor will be triggered. Its primary purpose is for you to provide security.We will discuss the things you be needed on how to make a motion sensor alarm.
Materials in Making a Motion Sensor Alarm
These are the material needed to make a motion sensor alarm. There is also a simple instruction inside a kit that would tell on how to make a motion sensor alarm. It is also beneficial if you know about doing circuits.
- PIR Motion Sensor – A passive infrared sensor is a device that measures infrared light from objects. It is commonly used as an alarm for security.
- BC547 NPN Transistor – It is an electrically controlled switch. The NPN transistor is used to switch ground on a device.
- 5mm LED – LED stand for light-emitting diode. It is a semiconductor device that emits light when an electric current is passed through it. It is also called as a solid-state device.
- 1 Copper PCB – It is a thermal conductor that transfers heat along and across the printed circuit board. It reduces damaging stress caused by uneven heating of the printed circuit board.
- Two-pin screw terminal – The two-pin screw terminal pitch is sided entry screw terminal blocks. It holds and releases wires by adjusting the screw.
- Three-pin right-angle header – It is a series of pins. They can be either be at a right angle to the PCB surface.
Steps on How to Make a Motion Sensor Alarm
Here are the steps in how to make a motion sensor alarm. There are lots of devices that can detect motion, especially in our generation today.
- Make sure that the materials needed in making a motion sensor alarm are complete before proceeding.
- Design the circuit on your printed circuit board. The motion sensor alarm circuit is simple, but it is controlled by two things: the transistor and the PIR motion sensor. When the passive infrared sensor sense any human interference or infrared light running. The output pin will become low to high, which will result in a power supply in the output pin. A light-emitting diode is connected in series to consume all the 12 volts power supply once turned on.
- Just press with an iron with the design at a high temperature for 5 minutes.
- Put the printed circuit board with the circuit design in ferric chloride and wait for your plan to appear.
- Use hand drill or drillers for you to create holes on your printed circuit board.
- Screw the materials on your printed circuit board based on the motion sensor alarm design.
- Solder the materials on your printed circuit board based on your design.
- Make sure that all the devices are correctly placed or flattened to the surface of your printed circuit board based on your design.
- Check the function of your motion sensor alarm if it is working.
What Are Some Causes of False Alarm for Your Motion Sensor Alarm?
Here are some causes of false alarm for your motion sensor alarm:
- Flying or crawling insects. Some insects create their own house, like spiders
- Running pets, especially dogs and cats
- Curtains blew by the wind
- Low batteries
- Electric fans or moving appliances
- Plants are blown by air
- The object is moving near a motion sensor alarm
Where is the Best Place for You to Put Your Motion Sensor Alarm?
You need to install a motion sensor alarm to a location where it can easily detect motion or movement. One of the best locations is in the corner away from the windows because it may cause false alarm when the wind blows. It should also be placed 8ft above the ground.
Many motion sensor alarms have blind spots that cannot detect movement underneath the sensor. Think of many possibilities of where to put your motion sensor alarm. It is for your safety because you may know if someone is entering your house with you knowing it.
There are lots of devices that have a motion sensor alarm. There is also a lot of appliances that have a motion sensor alarm like a microwave oven. Some tools are designed with motion sensor alarms for our safety. In this article, we have learned the necessary steps on how to make a motion sensor alarm. Also, the motion sensor is energy saving because the light eliminates the need to keep your light on 24/7. It significantly reduces the amount of energy of the household using it. Know more about Door Alarms.