Having a rear view dash camera when driving is essential because it can help with navigation and safety. If you still don’t have one installed on your car yet, in this article, I will teach you the different easy ways on how to install rear view dash cameras. Plus, I will share the additional reasons why you need them.
Why Do You Need a Rear View Dash Camera?
- Saves Money
Learning how to install rear view dash cameras will help you save money. It helps you save your money because not everyone knows and masters reverse driving and parking.
This will help you save the money you are going to pay for lessons and the damages when worse comes to worst. It will also help you save costs when hiring someone to install a rearview dash camera for you.
- Saves Lives
This is a crucial role in learning how to install rear view dash cameras: It saves lives. Not everyone is an expert when it comes to reverse driving and parking, which means that more people are at risk of having an accident because of the lack of know-how and experience.
Now, learning how to install a rearview dash camera will help you with your reverse driving and parking and keep passers-by safe.
Another reason you need to learn how to install a rearview camera dashcam is to practice your navigation.
Knowing how to install rear view dash cameras does not only mean learning how to drive more effectively. It will also help you position the rear view dash camera at an angle that is more comfortable for you when driving.
How to Install Rear View Dash Cameras
- Mounting. The first step into learning how to install rear view dash cameras is to mount the rearview dash camera behind the rearview mirror, which is the best place for it to be mounted on because this will give you a great view of the road.
- Cabling. Next, you have to arrange or position the cables where they are safe and where they can be hidden and help firmly, which is in between the windscreen and the roof lining of your car. Then, follow through and also tuck the other parts of it down the side of the A-pillar.
- The Fuse Box. Now, you will have to find the fuse box, which is usually inside or under the glove box or behind a removable plastic panel on the right or left of the foot.
You have to look for the fuse box that is hot at the start. Not the one that is always hot. This way, the camera will not drain your car’s battery.
- Determining the Right Fuse Box
1. Grab a circuit tester and use it to see which fuse to use.
2. Remove it with pillars,
3. Fit it to the plug that comes with the dash camera
- Grounding. The last step is to ground your rearview dash camera. All you have to do is secure the hardwiring kit’s end to the body of the car.
- Securing the End of the Hardwiring Kit
1. Look for a nut that is directly connected to a metal body panel.
2. Undo the bolt
3. Hook the ground lug into the nut,
4. Screw the bolt back on,
5. Turn on the ignition and then test the camera
6. Make sure that the camera also shuts off when the engine is shut off.
One of the most critical components of a modern car is a rearview dash camera. It will keep you safe and save you from the hassle of having to deal with accidents. This is why you need to get one for your car.
When you get one, you also have to learn how to install rear view dash cameras in your car. It will help you save time and money and will also teach you more about your car. Furthermore, it will help you get comfortable with the rearview dash camera and how it is positioned. Find out more about Dash Cameras.