If your goal is to make your home a lot safer from unwanted guests, installing a home security LED light is the answer. Remember, a shady home environment is a vulnerable one. Bright lights will assure that your home won’t be an easy target by burglars. While efficient security lighting is essential to home security, remember that it’s just a part of things you can do to keep family and home safe. If you’re planning on having one, here are some tips on how to install home zone security LED lights.
Caution Before the Installation
Before we proceed to the steps on how to install home zone security led light, be aware of these few reminders.
- Turn off the electrical power at the fuse or the circuit breaker box before wiring fixtures to the power supply.
- Confirm that the supply voltage is accurate. Connect the installation to a 120 volt, 60 Hz power source.
- Ensure all electrical and grounded connections are obeying the National Electrical Code and any relevant local code requirements.
- All cable connections should be capped with UL listed wire connectors.
Take note of these requirements on how to install home zone security LED lights.
- The light control needs a 120 -volts, 60 Hz power source.
- If you desire to do Manual Mode, the control must be wired through a switch.
- Some codes require installation by a professional electrician.
- This product is designed for use with the enclosed gasket and with a terminal box marked wet locations.
- For smooth installation, pick an existing light that has a wall switch for replacement.
- For more reliable performance, install the fixture around 8 ft. (2.4 m) above the ground. Note: If the security light is installed higher than 8 ft. (2.4 m), directing the sensor down will lessen coverage distance.
- For installation under the eave, the sensor head must be rotated for proper operation and to evade the chance of electrical shock.
- Turn the sensor head going towards the clamp screw joint.
- Then rotate its head clockwise 180°, so that the controls face down.
Note: If the sensor jumps out of the ball joint, release the clamp screw and push it back again into the ball joint. Make sure to tighten the clamp screw when finished.
Wire the Control
Here are some tips on how to install home zone security led lights. But, remember first to turn the power off at the circuit breaker or fuse.
- Remove your existing light fixture.
- Install the mounting strap using the two screws that suit your junction box.
- Use the plastic hanger to support the fixture while you’re wiring. The end of the plastic hanger can be threaded into the center hole of the cover plate. The hanger’s small end then goes inside one of the mounting strap slots.
- Route the control wires of the security light through the gasket holes.
- Rotate the junction box and fixture wires together and secure them using wire connectors.
Here are some easy tips on how to install home zone security LED lights.
- Switch on the circuit breaker and the light switch. Note that the sensor has about a two-minute warm-up time before it detects motion.
- Turn the range control to a medium position and the on-time control to the test position. Avoid directing the control at:
- Things that change temperature quickly, such as heating vents or air conditioners. These sources could create false triggering.
- Places where traffic or pets may trigger the control.
- Large, light-colored objects that reflect light may trigger the shut-off feature. Never point other lights towards the sensor.
- Loosen the clamp screw of the sensor ball joint and lightly rotate the sensor.
- Walk through the coverage area, marking where you are when lights turn on. You can move the sensor head up, down, or sideways if you want to change the coverage area.
- Modify the range as needed. If the range is set too high, it may raise false triggering.
- Fasten the sensor head by securing the clamp screw. Don’t overtighten it.
- Set the amount of the ‘on-time’ you require the lights to stay on when motion is detected (1, 5, or 10 mins.).
Cleaning and Maintenance
- To lengthen its original appearance, clean it using clear water and a soft, damp cloth.
- Never use paints, solvents, or other chemicals on the light fixture. They could create a premature deterioration of the finish. The warranty will not cover this.
- Do not spray using a hose or power washer.
Installing security LED lights at home will help calm your worries when lights automatically turn on, whether you’re coming home or walking out of the house to throw the trash or just navigate the dark area of your yard. You’ll feel safer when your security lights are turned on. These bright lights will assure you that your home won’t be an easy target for burglars at night. If you’re still planning to have them installed, then these tips on how to install home zone security LED lights are perfect for your project. Here’s how to learn more about Security Lights.