Every household or establishment must install a security camera for everyone’s safety. It must be strategically placed in a hidden, secure place where nobody can suspect a camera installed in that area. This way, all the activities will be recorded adequately. However, figuring out how to hide a home security camera is a challenge. Read on to learn essential tips and tricks on how to hide security cameras for your home’s benefit.
How to Hide Security Cameras
When do you need a static IP address for security cameras? Is a dynamic IP address even better than a static IP address? Some people say that having a static IP address costs more than having a dynamic.
When using a static IP address, there are chances that you are exposed to data mining or people who like to hack security cameras. The dynamic IP address keeps on changing every time it restarted, give your device fewer chances of getting hacked.
- Security cameras must be placed inside a PVC pipe, especially the small camera with no wire. Small cameras are highly portable, which makes them easy to hide, whether indoor or outdoor. The tiny wireless camera blends in with PVC pipes seamlessly.
- Security cameras must be suitable to hide in branches and leaves. Painting the camera to blend into the surroundings will be a good disguise too.
- Security cameras must be placed behind the glass window. Even if the hidden camera is spotted, it cannot be disabled easily; it will take time to do it.
- Security cameras must be placed within everyday objects such as but not limited to stuffed toys, desk plants, tissue boxes, bookshelves, hanging potted plants bookshelves.
There are many other ways on how to hide a home security camera. Just make sure that whenever you place a camera, no one is watching to ensure that it is perfectly hidden.
Things to Consider in Installing a Security Camera
How to hide security cameras effectively is a question that we must address. Hiding the camera is not the only thing to be considered when installing a security camera. We have to consider these tips to ensure that we will be able to place the camera while capturing or recording the activities safely.
- Make sure that the camera has high-resolution night vision, wi-fi connection, and audio. These will help capture the activities at night and in motion.
- When installing a hidden camera, make sure that nobody is watching. Better to install on a weekday when everyone is working or in school.
- Choose a small camera that has high-quality surveillance and has flexibility in making it invisible. This way, the camera will be able to blend in with various surroundings.
Advantages of a Hidden Camera
It is not just about learning how to hide security cameras, but also about learning the advantages of using a hidden camera. With the help of secret cameras, we will be able to enjoy the following benefits:
- Watch kids at home. It is essential, especially when only the nanny is around to take care of our kids. This way, we will know if the nanny is taking good care of our kids. It will also help us monitor our infants if we are working in other parts of the house.
- Scare away, intruders. Thieves are less likely to approach houses with spy cameras.
- Capture evidence. We will be able to verify from the recorded videos if there are burglars that entered your house. It may serve as a piece of evidence and will provide the necessary information to catch the thieves.
- Money Saver. Most insurance companies provide a lower insurance premium to homeowners with security cameras.
- Monitor Strangers. A spy camera can capture the suspicious behavior of every visitor that comes into your house. It may allow you to take precautionary measures to protect your family as well as your property.
It is challenging to figure out how to hide security cameras in your home to get the best home security benefits. However, it is essential for every household, establishment, street, and other public places to further ensure everyone’s safety. I hope that the tips and tricks I provided can further help you improve your home security.
Keep in mind. We cannot install cameras anywhere. We should consider a couple of important things when installing security cameras, such as avoiding the comfort room or bathroom and consulting with an attorney before installing a secret camera. Cameras should not be used to stalk people. It should be used to protect our home and our family.