How Much Is The Safe Personal Alarm For Self-Defense
A good way to protect ourselves from danger is to learn self-defense. However, not all of us are fit to do martial arts. There are other ways that we can defend ourselves when we need it the most. A safe personal alarm is a popular self-defense accessory that we can carry to notify everyone around us that we need help. But how much is the safe personal alarm? There are different types of safe personal alarm. Each type has its feature that will determine how much it will cost. It is a guarantee that every personal alarm is affordable so that everyone can have at least one to defend themselves whenever they need it.
What is a Personal Alarm and How to Use It?
A personal alarm is a small keychain that has buttons and a speaker. Whenever you press the button, it will trigger the alarm and makes a loud siren. The siren can be up to 130 decibels, which is loud, allowing everyone to hear the sound up to 30ft away. People who are away from you will surely notice that you require help. Also, it can help ward off attackers before they even cause harm. Some personal alarms work almost the same way as a medical alert system. It can dial any emergency hotline instantly and can respond to your needs. But this requires a monthly or a yearly subscription for you to access this feature.
For you to use a personal alarm, all you need to do is press the right button. There is a button for triggering the bell, and there is a button that can call for help. Wearable personal alarms are ideal for the elderly, while the keychain versions are useful for anyone who wishes to have one. Most wearable personal alarms connect to the main unit inside the house while the keychain version of a personal alarm is perfect for ladies, kids, and teenagers.
How Much is the Safe Personal Alarm?
If you want to know how much is the safe personal alarm, it will cost from $7-$25 depending on its feature. But if you are looking for a personal alarm that can call an emergency hotline, you will need to pay a monthly subscription on top of the device. It will also depend on what type of personal alarm that you wish to have. Here are the different types of personal alarm that you can choose from:
- Basic Personal Alarm – A Basic Personal Alarm is a small-size keychain with buttons where you can press to make a loud sound. This sound can reach up to 30ft alerting people and warding off bad people before they can do any harm.
- 24hr Monitor – The 24hr Monitoring is an additional feature of a personal alarm. Whenever you need immediate help, this personal alarm will contact any nearby emergency personnel to respond to your location.
- Personal Alarm with Telecare – When you come across the word “ telecare,” this means that the personal alarm comes with different types of sensors. If it detects any danger or accident, it will contact the call center or carer.
- Fall Detectors – This type of personal alarm has motion sensors. Whenever it detects a hard-fall, it will automatically contact any available emergency personnel to respond immediately. It also comes with a button where you can wear as a pendant or bracelet. It will be easier for you to contact help wherever you are in your home.
- Cellular Personal Alarm – Some personal alarms are already in smartphones. It is a convenient personal alarm if you are away from home. As long as it has enough batteries, you can quickly call for help with the use of your phone.
How to Choose a Personal Alarm?
Choosing a personal alarm will require you to look at some features that might be useful to you or for the person you are giving.
- Ease of use – A personal alarm should be easy to use and must be accessible. By simply pressing a button will be more than enough. You don’t want to do a lot of complicated processes to call for help.
- Battery life – If you have a portable personal alarm, be sure its battery life will last long. And before you plan to go out, make sure that the batteries are full.
- Purpose – Find a personal alarm that will meet your preference and the use of why you want to have one. It is also for you to decide whether you wish to have the monthly subscriptions of the additional features.
- Type – There are different types of personal alarms that you can choose. Choose the one that you think will work for you best.
- Extra features – You can always customize the personal alarm by adding additional features if it can. But you should know how much is the safe personal alarm with extra features cost. It is to make sure it will fit within your budget.
Purchasing a safe personal alarm will always be a good move. It is because you will never know when an accident or trouble can happen. Also, before purchasing, you need to know the different types of personal alarms in the market. Every personal alarm has its specific features that you might or might not need. What you need to think about is its convenience and its ease of use. Knowing how much is the safe personal alarm will also give you a heads-up on how much money you are going to prepare to pay every month. Some personal alarms require monthly subscriptions, and some don’t. Both the basic and the special type of personal alarm can help you whenever you need to call for help. Know more about Personal Alarms.
November 6, 2020
While you are hoping you will never have to use them, keeping the best personal safety items are something that you must always deem on hand.