How Many Lumens For A Tactical Flash Light Is Needed
Flashlights are highly useful whenever there is a power interruption when you are out for a hike or looking for something in the dark. We already know that the brighter the light, the easier for us to see things during the night. That is why we have tactical flashlights. But how many lumens are needed for tactical flashlight to work properly? It will always depend on the size of the flashlight that you wish to have. In this article, we’ll discuss more about how many lumens for tactical flashlight are needed for different purposes. The military is the ones who often use a tactical flashlight because it can attach to their weapons. But nowadays, we can have our tactical flashlight to use regularly. It is because of its strong and long-lasting bright light that can help us whenever we need it.
What is a Tactical Flashlight
A tactical flashlight is an upgraded version of an ordinary flashlight. It can reach up to 366m beam distance, depending on the adjustments. You can customize the peak beam intensity according to the way you want it. Also, most of the tactical flashlights are water resistants so that you can use it even if it is raining. The running time of a flashlight can last up to 69hrs when you use it from time to time. You can also choose from different sizes, whichever is easier for you to use. Most of the tactical flashlights have a durable and robust construction. It will make sure that no matter how many times you drop it, it will still be intact. You will no longer have to worry about pieces of it falling apart.
How Many Lumens for Tactical Flashlight to Work?
Lumens is the amount of energy and power of a flashlight that comes out of its face. The higher the lumens, the stronger the LED and battery the tactical flashlight has. An ordinary outdoor flashlight has at least 150 lumens. If you are wondering how many lumens for tactical flashlight to work, it will require at least 300 lumens. Sometimes it can go up to 6,000 lumens depending on what and where you will use the flashlight.
What to Consider Before Purchasing a Tactical Flashlight?
You need to know a few things before purchasing a tactical flashlight. It is because it is not just an ordinary toy that you can play around. Instead, it is an investment that you can use during an emergency or whenever you are going out for a forest camp. Here are some things that you need to consider:
- Budget – A tactical is not a cheap flashlight that you can buy anywhere. Usually, you will find one in hardware or weapon stores. It will typically cost from $10 to $100+ for every piece of a tactical flashlight. It will depend on the number of lumens, the type of battery it is using, and the durability of its case.
- Size – Tactical flashlights come in different sizes. If you are using it as part of a household item, you will need a small one. But if you are planning to go to a battle zone, you need a more specific size so that it will suit your needs.
- Power source – It is already mentioned that the higher the lumens, the more energy it will require to form its power source. You can have a disposable alkaline, disposable lithium, rechargeable battery, or an integrated rechargeable pack for your tactical flashlight. Base the type of power source you will get according to the number of lumens your tactical flashlight has.
Other Uses of a Tactical Flashlight
There are other uses of a tactical flashlight. Especially that you know how many lumens for tactical flashlight, you can do a lot of things with it. It is because the brightness of its light can call for help or defend yourself whenever you need it.
- Self-defense – Since the construction of the tactical flashlight is solid, it can also be a self-defense weapon. Even using the bright light of the tactical flashlight can blind off any attacker.
- Illumination – The brightness of the tactical flashlight can help light your way in darkness. Making sure that you have one in your backpack can help you in any situation.
- Emergency light -During a blackout, we always look for a flashlight to help us see things. It goes the same with a tactical flashlight. The only difference between the two is it’s the brightness that it can give.
- Firestarter – When it comes to an emergency, you can always use a tactical flashlight to start a fire. But this requires you to carefully breaking a lightbulb and switching it on. By aiming it on a piece of wood or any material for you to burn can help you make fire.
- Utility tool – Since the tactical flashlight has a solid construction, you can also use this as a utility tool. You can break a glass or hammer a nail with the use of its long and solid handle.
- Help signal – Sending out a signal with the use of the brightness of a tactical flashlight will surely be noticed. The higher the number of the lumens, your tactical flashlight has, the further the distance the light can travel. Therefore, you can easily send a morse code signal for help.
Tactical flashlights are handy not just on the battlefield but also in our day to day lives. Having one or two tactical flashlights ready at home can help us in any situation, especially during a blackout. Also, there are a lot of uses of a tactical flashlight. Knowing how many lumens for tactical flashlight will be enough for us to know which one to choose. Choosing from a range of 300lumens to 600 lumens on a tactical flashlight is more than enough to ensure that you get the best out of your purchase. Know more about Tactical Flashlights.