As much as possible, you need to secure your home fully. The most common passage where burglars can enter is your window. You don’t have to worry, though, since there are window alarm sensors. It can alert you if someone attempts to access your house through your window. How do window alarm sensors work? In this article, I will provide a couple of important things you should know about window alarm sensors.
How to Choose the Best Window Alarm Sensor
It is important to answer the question, “How do window alarm sensors work?” so that you can decide what type of sensor you should buy. There are window alarm sensors that are affordable and easy to install. When choosing the best window sensor, you must know some points to consider in choosing the perfect and the best window sensor. I have provided a list to assist you.
Many window alarm sensors offer a good volume in their alert settings. You can choose and customize based on your preference. If you want an alarm that can wake you from your deep sleep, then you should check the decibel level. Some alarm’s volume can reach above 100 dB, which is similar to a jet takeoff or a loud motorcycle.
This generation, even burglars, are now savvy. They get along with technology and trend. Most burglars can sometimes figure out a way around a typical window sensor. A sensor with a built-in keycode prevents it from breaking and disabling your alarm sensor before entering your house.
It would be easier for you when you are notified when someone is trying to enter your house. A modern and good window sensor has notifications. You have to sync the window sensor on your mobile phone. It will send a notification via mobile phone whenever there’s an entry. If you are far from home, you can immediately ask for help from the authorities.
How to Install Window Alarm Sensors
Together with “How do window alarm sensors work?” I know you are also curious about how to install window alarm sensors. A window sensor is pretty easy to install. It will take only a few minutes. If you have no idea how to do it yourself, here is a simple installation guide for window alarm sensors:
- You can use a strong adhesive tape to attach the alarm sensor to the window.
- Place the main alarm sensor on the window frame and attach the smaller piece to the window pane.
- The two pieces should be parallel with a small space between them when the window is closed. When they are not placed evenly, they won’t maintain a circuit.
- When your window is pulled open, the two pieces will separate, and the sensor will send an alert to the control panel. It would be best if you had a sensor placed on every window in your home for more comprehensive protection.
- You can customize how and when your window alarm sensors release an alarm for some systems. You can choose if you want to receive an alert only if a window opens, or you may want to get a notification and hear a notification bell every time a window opens.
You already know a lot about how to install a window sensor and how to do window alarm sensors work. A window alarm sensor requires some maintenance. You may need to reapply the sensor if it falls off when you did not use a more durable adhesive tape. The window alarm sensor may also run out of batteries. When your window sensor sets off a false alarm or malfunctions, you have to notify your home security company to replace your device. Know more about Window Alarms.
How do window alarm sensors work? A window alarm sensor adds extra security to your home, that is why buying one is a good investment. Remember, there are a lot of window alarm sensors in the market, so you have to be careful about which one to buy. I hope this article will guide you on which window alarm sensor you should buy for your home.