Do Security Cameras Prevent Home Burglary
A lot of modern technology is available nowadays to keep our homes safe. When we act on the basic need to be safe and secure, we look around for tools like security cameras. But do security cameras prevent home burglary?
We will take a look at some of the examples that prevent home burglary, together with the types of security cameras we can use at home. We will factor it all in to answer the question: Do security cameras prevent home burglary?
Some Examples That Prevent Home Burglary
Home burglary is a crime that takes a lot of planning and careful observation. How we set up our home security systems can affect potential burglars scouting your area. Here are some examples that prevent burglars from entering your home:
Dogs – Guard dogs can deter potential burglars. The additional action it needs to silence an animal or operate undetected by a dog can be a hassle.
Neighbors – A tight community can be daunting to burglars. If you live within a close community, you can have someone you trust to check on your house if you’re away. Their constant presence around your home will prevent burglars from finding the right timing for a burglary.
Secure your windows – Although a lot of burglars enter through the front door, the windows can be the next best option. Locked windows will make it harder for burglars to reach into the house. Fewer routes for entrance and escape can prevent them from considering a home to burglarize.
Home Security System – A home security system such as an alarm system can provide your around-the-clock home protection. These comprehensive systems are also linked to professionals that can assist you during emergency cases.
- Doorbell camera – A doorbell camera has useful features like motion detection. It also allows the user to view it from anywhere. These things can be challenging for home burglars, and it becomes an effective deterrent to burglary. With the different types available, do security cameras prevent home burglary effectively? In the next section, we will go through some of the types you can use in your own home.
Types Of Security Cameras And How It Can Prevent Burglary
Being watched can arouse feelings of discomfort or lack of security. If you are a burglar seeking for potential targets, seeing cameras around the premises is naturally limiting. Here are a few of some security camera types and how their features can prevent home burglaries.
These cameras are shaped like a bullet. It is long and cylindrical and is very visible. It also focuses on a fixed view like the entrance or the hallway. This camera can be used both indoors and outdoors.
Visible security cameras like bullet cameras can make burglars uneasy. But because they are visible, they can also be easy to disarm or vandalize. Its singular focus on areas of sensitivity like the entrance will discourage careless movement from suspicious individuals.
Outdoor cameras have specific features like infrared sensing and motion detection. Infrared sensing will alert you when the heat is detected coming from people or cars. This feature is more accurate than motion detection.
Setting up security cameras in the outdoors is an effective way to put off potential burglaries because defeating an infrared sensing camera is a challenge. With high-quality features like IR-sensing, we are much closer to answering the question, do security cameras prevent home burglary?
Wireless IP Cameras
The main advantage of a wireless IP camera is that you can access it anytime through your home Wi-Fi network. Just like in the movies, you can view it in real-time through your phone. It does, however, rely on your Wi-Fi network, and any obstruction will affect your access.
Wireless IP Cameras come in different forms. Some are not as visible as others. There are wired, wireless and wire-free types that you can situate in various areas of your home. This feature can alert you of any suspicious movement in real-time and allow you sufficient time to contact the authorities.
How Do I Choose A Security Camera
How do I choose one that is right for me with so many types and brands of security cameras available in the market? There are essential things to consider when choosing a security camera for your home. Now that we can answer the question, do security cameras prevent home burglary? Here are some tips to help you choose a security camera:
- Identify which part of the house you want to protect the most. Is there a vault you are protecting? Do you want visibility outdoors?
- What type of security camera do I need? After identifying the location, you will now have to consider the best one for the job. Do you need an outdoor camera? A hidden camera?
- What is the camera quality I want? You will want to choose good camera quality like 1280x720 pixels, so it will be easy for you to spot suspicious movement.
- There are some additional features you might need to choose your security camera. These are night vision, motion detection, and audio capability. It is essential to understand your priorities and preferences to be able to choose the best one.
- You may consider a camera that has a battery backup system. In the event of a power outage, you want to remain confident in your camera’s performance.
Your home should be the safest place to be, so setting up a security system is an excellent way to achieve that. We have doubts about the tools to use, and it’s reasonable to ask ourselves, will this security system be enough? Do security cameras prevent home burglary? Will my home be safe if I use these tools? These are all valid questions, and we hope this article has cleared some of those doubts. After all, you deserve to be safe and secure in your own home. Find out more about Security Cameras
May 11, 2021
There will be times when you will be required to open a garage door manually, especially if you are dealing with a power outage or the garage door motor that won’t work.